Monday 18 April 2011

My little bro is fundraising

My little bro Danny has managed to get a place on the Cystic Fibrosis football team for a charity match at Chelsea FC stadium: Stamford Bridge!! They will be playing against football legends and celebrities apparently, on 17th May. We are all looking forward to it and think it will be a great day out. This is his 1st time fundraising so I ask if you could donate anything, no matter how small, to show your support, we would be really thankful!!

www.justgiving.com/stamfordbridge

Since my last blog, ive been busy and feeling quite well actually. I had clinic tuesday, which was crap, so i wont go into details. Lung function and weight was down abit, but no-one else was too worried so maybe i was too hard on myself as i wasnt feeling great. The bloody fire alarm went off halfway through and it wasnt a drill, which was quite funny actually and many people escaped out the side doors of clinic!! lol.

Since thursday, my chest has been clearer and ive had more energy so im doing well. Ive been shopping alittle and then went to visit my friend, who had a baby girl last week called Paris. She is gorgeous and soooo tiny and now she is on maternity leave, i can keep her company on days where we are bored!! :) I have also been forced to watch the Scream films as we went to see the new one on Saturday with our other couple friends. I spent most of the film with fingers in ears and squinting at the screen...i dont deal well with scary/creepy films...i have an overactive imagination!!

I found 2 great things this week:

I have got virgin media boxes and you can look at 'music on demand' so look at all types of music videos, and then i saw a karaoke section!! I was in scotts room whilst he was in the bath and got all excited so shouted and told him, and because he was in the bath, i looked on the disney songs (of course) and gave him a rendition of 'Under the Sea' from the little mermaid. I managed the whole song without coughing, so impressed myself...scott was not impressed at the song choice especially when he got out the bath halfway through and caught me singing into the remote! It was just habit!

The second is prob only appreicated by CF people. I have found great bras!! Let me explain....I hate wearing bras because it feels like someone has put an elastic band round my chest and the first thing i do when i walk in the door is take it off and relax. I have tried getting bigger sizes but because i like the underwired with cups in, no matter what, they still dig in. I also have to wear strapless bras as my port sticks out in my chest and its right over were the strap should be and it rubs and hurts. I found the solution in peacocks!! 2 for £6 the have cups built into them so give a nice shape but the top and bottom are elasticated bands. They are like a tiny boob tube top basically and sooooo comfy. I was so happy. May sound silly to some people but its little things like this, that make my life so much easier.

x Lots of love x

1 comment:

  1. I always like that when i'm not very well with bra's thing feel like they stopping me breathe n same when i do lung function! they prob be loads better if i took my bra off!! xx
    good luck to your lil bro hun, bet ur well excited bout the celebs at the chelsea game!!
    Love ya xx

    ReplyDelete