Sunday 2 January 2011

My 2010 in full view

Happy New Year everyone!! Welcome to 2011. What a year to say the least. Every year has up's and down's along the way so here are mine:

January: Went to see Avenue Q at the theatre with Scott and Legally Blonde with Steph, both were brilliant, and i finally plucked up the courage to have a PEG fitted.

February: Me and Scott made our own valentines day cards and I got my PEG fitted (yes - i do class this as a good thing) :) However, it was a month full of pain to be honest. I had plurisy and I had a bad chest infection which meant an admission to hospital.

March: Still in hosp after PEG operation due to trapped air which was squashing my lungs. Dyed my hair brunette for the 1st time ever and went on a cheap holiday to Dymchurch with Scott in a caravan which was great!!

April: Shit hit the fan basically!! My stomach decided to grow over the inside of my PEG tube. Operation to change it happened, went wrong and I woke in intensive care on a ventilator. My stomach had been cut open as the PEG got 'lost' and a new tube put in place. Horredous month :(

May: Scott's 21st birthday which consisted of a meal and a great night out at the o2, and our 4 year anniversary. However, i also spent most of May being sick, feeling sick. Eventually rushed to hospital, sedated and had a camera down where they pulled the PEG tube out of my bowel as it had made its way into there. Meanwhile, I lost all my weight and went back under 40kg.

June: Rushed to hospital by ambulance due to an allergic reaction to iv antibiotics and couldnt breathe. Good month as I went on a Chelsea football club stadium tour with Steph, my little bro's 18th birthday, had my PEG tube changed to a button, and went to Malaga in a villa with my friends.

July: Went back to the gym for the 1st time in years, had a 7 hour shopping trip with mummy for my 22nd birthday and my weight started to go back up!!

August: Day out with Steph at Madame Tussuads, day at Legoland with Scott, went to London for a photoshoot for 'Love It' magazine. Horrible news that my friend James who had CF suddenly passed away and I had a fight at the Jobcentre!! xx

September: 1st attempt at Yoga class with mummy, lung function and weight the highest its been since last year, article in 'Love It' magazine was published. Bloody feeding pump which beeped all damn night and ended up in the porch wrapped in a towel!!

October: Hospital m.o.t, getting drunk for daddys birthday, another great night out at a party, got a new smaller feeding pump, weekend in Rainham, and changing my PEG button which was terrifying but easy.

November: Holiday to York for a week with Scott and the doggies which was brilliant, and referred to Healthwise scheme for exercise. But was summond to court by ESA benefits as apparently i am well enough to work. Wankers.

December: Snow, lots of shopping for pressies, back to blonde hair, JLS concert, great xmas eve and xmas day!!

I have thought about my new years resolution: of course, it goes without saying that it will be to put the weight on and get my lung function up. However my target is....to be able to run. This may sound silly to some people but to me it would be great, even if its only for about a minute. I also want to continue to make the most of things and 'do more'. 2010, although the obvious bad things that happened, i can say that i had a good year and did lots!! I hope that continues and Ive already started a list on this blog on the tab 'My Year 2011', which has things im looking forward too. Positivity is very important to me, as without this, it's very hard to get through things.

I just want to say thank you to all the special people that have really helped me through this year: I have had many messages from friends and every single one means alot and makes me smile, however, i cant mention you all...so here are a few: my family of course who are amazing, scott and his family, my best friend Steph, my mates Ria, Joey, and Sirin, my family friend Michelle, and of course my brilliant CF team Lance and Jen. xxx

x Lots of love x

No comments:

Post a Comment